Due to massive demand I decided to add a price to the reference, motivation and cover letters. Now each letter costs $5.
I would like to share with you an example of a statement of purpose for graduate school I have used in the past. I have sent plenty of motivation statements like this one when I was searching for a PhD project in Europe.
It pays off to start from a good cover letter, like this one, and spend time fine tuning it for each solicitation.
If you find it useful, you are welcome to purchase the Statement of Purpose for Graduate School for $5 or the amount you decide. I just give the option of a small gratitude payment if you think it is deserved.
Tips For Writing Your Statement of Purpose for Graduate School
When you write a motivation statement for a PhD position or for graduate school, remember the following tips:
- Make it personal. Don’t just copy paste the motivation letter and change the names. It has to sound like you wrote it only for this application.
- Start with a short elevator pitch, so the reader wants to know more about you and keeps reading.
- Describe both your education and experience, and how they are relevant for the PhD job you are applying for.
- Mention the benefits for you and for the group if you get the job.
- End with positivity and energy.
UPDATED: Check the Next Scientist
I have started a new blog to help PhD students and young scientist to do better science, get exposure and grow their academic footprint. All using digital hacks, blogging and social media. Check these blog posts, I think you might find them interesting:
- Grow Your Academic Footprint With A Science Blog: A Free Videotutorial, our video guide that helps you to set up your own science blog.
- 7 habits of highly visible PhD students, it includes some tips on social media and blogging.
- 3 Questions You Should Ask Your PhD Supervisor Before Choosing A Career In Science?, a reality check before jumping on an academic career.
- 10 Things You Should Know Before Starting a PhD, with all those dirty secrets nobody is going to tell you.
- A statement of purpose for graduate school, the letter I was submitting when I searched for PhDs.
- We have other posts on science blogging and social media for scientists.