Due to massive demand I decided to add a price to the reference, motivation and cover letters. Now each letter costs $5.
If you find it useful, you are welcome to purchase for $5 the Cover Letter Template For Journal Submission for the amount you decide. I just give the option of a small gratitude payment if you think it is deserved.
You might find it useful when you are submitting a scientific article and the journal requires a cover letter. In it you will explain why they should consider your work for publication. Furthermore, you should describe what your contributions to the field are.
Some practical information for the submission:
- Do not paste your abstract in the letter. Make the content original.
- Be humble. Use sentences like “We believe our work can be of interest for scientist in the field…”.
- Initially you can be the corresponding author (the guy in charge of submitting the article) instead of your professor, he will make things go slow. Once your article is accepted, you can request to put him back as the corresponding author.
Would you like to subscribe via RSS? RSS feed
UPDATED: Check the Next Scientist
I have started a new blog to help PhD students and young scientist to do better science, get exposure and grow their academic footprint. All using digital hacks, blogging and social media. Check these blog posts, I think you might find them interesting:
- Grow Your Academic Footprint With A Science Blog: A Free Videotutorial, our video guide that helps you to set up your own science blog.
- 7 habits of highly visible PhD students, it includes some tips on social media and blogging.
- 3 Questions You Should Ask Your PhD Supervisor Before Choosing A Career In Science?, a reality check before jumping on an academic career.
- 10 Things You Should Know Before Starting a PhD, with all those dirty secrets nobody is going to tell you.
- A statement of purpose for graduate school, the letter I was submitting when I searched for PhDs.
- We have other posts on science blogging and social media for scientists.